Recipe by Peter J
Great breakfast or brunch idea. The capsicum stays fairly crisp so if you prefer it softer pre-cook while heating the oven. While eating I thought red onion would also make a good addition so have listed that as an optional ingredient.
Top Review by Leggy Peggy
Excellent recipe. I made six of these for brunch and they were a huge hit. Used both onion and the capsicum, and sprinkled on a bit of dill as well. My oven is waiting for a replacement part so I had to cook these on fan-forced, so I should have cut back even more on the time. Fifteen minutes gave a firm result. Pics are before and after baking.
- 20 g prosciutto (one slice)
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons red capsicums, diced
- 2 teaspoons red onions, diced (optional)
- cracked pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat over to 180C / 350°F.
- Trim excess fat from prosciutto and lay into small lightly greased ramekin dish with fat end at the bottom and other end laying out to the side.
- Crack egg into dish and carefully, top with diced capsicum and pepper (and onion if using) and fold prosciutto over the top.
- Bake for 15 minutes for fairly soft yolks, around 20 if you like them firmer.
- Serve over a slice of toast.