Recipe by French Cooking for Dummies
Appetizer recipe to be served in Chinese soup spoons. Caramelized shallots, blue cheese and Prosciutto... Perfect flavor combination! Original recipe here: http://frenchcookingfordummies.com/2009/prosciutto-blue-cheese-appetizer-spoons/
- 3 prosciutto, slices
- 6 shallots (or 2 onions)
- 2 ounces blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar (or red wine)
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and chop shallots.
- Melt butter in a frying pan over low heat. (Be careful it doesn’t get brown, it’s very bad for health.).
- When butter has melt, add chopped shallots. Leave covered, stirring frequently, for about 10 minutes or until translucent.
- Add sugar and stir. Let shallots caramelize for a couple of minutes, then add raspberry vinegar. At that time, you should probably go for medium heat. It’s important when adding alcohol to get it to a smooth boil so the strong taste evaporates. When the strong smell is gone, you’re done. Take pan off heat.
- Cut prosciutto into small pieces.
- Dice blue cheese.
- Fill the bottom of your Chinese soup spoons with caramelized shallots. Add a dice of blue cheese and top with prosciutto pieces.
- Serve right away.