Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Bel Paese means “beautiful country”.
- 4 ciabatta rolls
- 8 slices prosciutto di Parma
- 3⁄4 cup sweet onion (Sweet Onions)
- 4 ounces bel paese cheese, thinly sliced
- Preheat a panini grill.
- Slice off the domed tops of the ciabatta rolls; the rolls should be about 1 inch thick with a crusty bottom and exposed bread top; split rolls horizontally.
- Layer 2 slices of prosciutto on the bottom of each ciabatta; followed by 3 tablepsoons of Sweet Onions.
- Lay the Bel Paese over the onions, covering the sandwich entirely before closing up with the thin top of the ciabatta.
- Grill each sandwich for about 5 minutes until the bread is golden brown and the cheese has gently melted.
- Cut each sandwich in half; serve immediately.