Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
Along with a salad this makes a nice light supper.
- 12 large shell pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3⁄4 cup chopped prosciutto or 3⁄4 cup cooked ham
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1 egg
- 1 (14 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray 8 inch square baking dish with non stick cooking spray.
- Cook pasta to desired doneness.
- Drain and rinse with cold water to cool.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in medium skillet over medium heat until hot.
- Add garlic and prosciutto; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until garlic is light golden brown.
- In medium bowl, combine 1/2 the prosciutto mixture with ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, basil, and egg; mix well.
- Stir spaghetti sauce into prosciutto mixture remaining in skillet.
- Spoon ricotta mixture into cooked shells; Cover with foil.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes or untill mixture is thoroughly heated.