Recipe by stacylu
A delicious and easy recipe from our newspaper that I happened to have all the ingredients for on hand!
Top Review by Maito
I was hoping this would be like Recipe #321766, but I think cooking it in the pan crisps it better. Still a good meal though. I used less oil and DH is not a fan of the jarred peppers, so skipped those.
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 8 slices prosciutto
- 4 (4 -5 ounce) tilapia fillets (about 4 to 5 ounces each)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 roasted peppers (roasted red peppers from a jar, drained, patted dry and finely diced)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F Lightly coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Arrange four slices of prosciutto evenly spaced on the baking sheet. Place a second slice over each of the first four. Set one tilapia fillet over pair of prosciutto slices.
- Season the fish with salt and pepper, then drizzle each with about 1/2 tablespoon olive oil.
- Spoon a quarter of the diced red pepper over each fillet and spread it evenly.
- Starting at one end of each fillet, carefully roll it up, holding the prosciutto so that it wraps around the outside of the fish. Poke a toothpick through the center of each roll to help it hold together.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until the flesh feels firm and flakes easily.