Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A delicious and easy recipe from our newspaper that I happened to have all the ingredients for on hand!
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 8 slices prosciutto
- 4 (4 -5 ounce) tilapia fillets (about 4 to 5 ounces each)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 roasted peppers (roasted red peppers from a jar, drained, patted dry and finely diced)
- Preheat oven to 400°F Lightly coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Arrange four slices of prosciutto evenly spaced on the baking sheet. Place a second slice over each of the first four. Set one tilapia fillet over pair of prosciutto slices.
- Season the fish with salt and pepper, then drizzle each with about 1/2 tablespoon olive oil.
- Spoon a quarter of the diced red pepper over each fillet and spread it evenly.
- Starting at one end of each fillet, carefully roll it up, holding the prosciutto so that it wraps around the outside of the fish. Poke a toothpick through the center of each roll to help it hold together.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until the flesh feels firm and flakes easily.
I was hoping this would be like Super Quick Prosciutto Wrapped Fish, but I think cooking it in the pan crisps it better. Still a good meal though. I used less oil and DH is not a fan of the jarred peppers, so skipped those.
Elegant and easy! We really enjoyed this flavorful fish. Pesto would also be good to use in place of the roasted red pepper. Thanks for sharing this recipe!
This recipe is easy, guests love it! The prosciutto makes it seem extravagant.