Recipe by gailanng
Should you have left over prosciutto, pan fry until crisp and use as additional garnishment. From ValSoCal's blog.
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 4 ounces prosciutto, cut into strips
- 1 lb young tender asparagus, trimmed, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 1⁄4 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to directions, drain and put pack into the warm pot.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large frying pan over medium high heat. Cook onion, garlic and mushrooms until fragrant and semi done. Add Prosciutto and asparagus and cook until asparagus is bright green, about 3 minute
- Add cream, 1/3 cup cheese, salt and pepper and red pepper flakes. Reduce heat to simmer and cook until sauce has thickened, about 4 minutes.
- Pour sauce with vegetables over pasta and toss to coat.
- Top with additional parmesan cheese and, if desired, prosciutto chips (see recipe description).