Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This appetizer looks stunning and will really impress your guests, but is really easy to put together. so go ahead and pat yourself on the back!
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1⁄3 cup sun-dried tomato, finely diced
- 2 ounces thin sliced prosciutto, cut in strips
- 1⁄4 cup shredded Fontina cheese
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- on a lightly floured surface, carefully roll out thawed puff pastry to a 10 by 15 inch rectangle.
- cut in half lengthwise.
- spread a thin layer of the tomatoes on both rectangles, leaving a half inch border around the edges.
- top with prosciutto strips ans cheeses and season with pepper.
- starting near the long edge, tightly roll the pieces into two long logs.
- beat the egg with water and brush the tops of each log with egg wash.
- press edges to seal closed.
- transfer logs to baking sheet and freeze 30 minutes until firm.
- line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- trim the uneven ends from each log.
- cut on the diagional to 1/4 inch thick slices.
- set pinwheels 1 inch apart on baking sheets.
- freeze 30 more minutes.
- bake on 375 for twenty minutes until lightly golden.