Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I adapted this recipe as a number of people I cooked it for didn't like mushrooms but I didn't note down the original version so can't tell you what it was I'm afraid! I made this for 4 friends before and I 'm sure we had some left over so I've put the portions as 5. I personally add some extra cream in as I like the texture quite creamy and also once I added some chopped asparagus too which worked really well.
- 25 g butter
- 1 onion
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 450 ml vegetable stock
- 150 ml white wine
- 1 red bell pepper
- 250 g risotto rice
- 125 g prosciutto ham
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- 29.58 ml single cream
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Melt the butter and oil in a pan.
- Add the finely chopped onion and the crushed garlic clove.
- Stir in the rice for 1 minute.
- Add all the vegetable stock and white wine.
- Boil and simmer for 20 mins until the liquid disappears - stirring frequently.
- Add finely chopped pepper and ham then cook for a few minutes longer.
- Lastly add lemon juice , salt and pepper plus stir in the cream to taste.
- NOTE: I keep some extra vegetable stock to hand so that I can add it if the mixture gets quite dry.
A very good recipe, made as described other than not having prosciutto so using some finely sliced sausage, I love risotto and this is particularly good, I do like that it doesnt have extra cheese added in, making, as my husband says, 'sticky rice'.... good flavour and texture, I highly recommend it. Made for Spring PAC 2013