Recipe by MarieRynr
These delicious little appetizers are very easy to put together! Everyone always really enjoys them on an appetizer tray. They also freeze very well so they are a great make ahead!
Top Review by omeomy #2
Very tasty, very easy but I thought they need a little "something" to make them look more appealing, so I tied each one right around the middle with fresh chives (1 per puff, 1 single knot and trimmed for uniformity). That did it! Lots ot compliments came my way. Thank you.
- 8 ounces puff pastry, thawed
- 3 ounces freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- fresh ground black pepper
- 10 ounces thinly sliced imported prosciutto
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated grana padano or 3 tablespoons other hard cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Roll the puff pastry into a very thin rectangle on a lightly floured surface.
- Sprinkle with the Parmgiano-Reggiano and pepper. (make sure the fan isn't blowing your way, haha, I forgot mine was on and "the answer my friend" was not the only thing that was blowin in the wind! DOH!).
- Arrange the prosciutto over the cheese to cover the entire surface. Cut into 3 inch triangles with a pizza cutter. (I cut it into 3 inch squares first and then in half diagonally to make triangles).
- Roll the triangles up from the wide end, enclosing the cheese and proscuitto.
- Arrange on a baking sheet and shape into crescents. Brush with the egg and sprinkle with the Grana Padano. Bake at 375*F for 20 minutes until golden and crisp.