These delicious little appetizers are very easy to put together! Everyone always really enjoys them on an appetizer tray. They also freeze very well so they are a great make ahead!
- Roll the puff pastry into a very thin rectangle on a lightly floured surface.
- Sprinkle with the Parmgiano-Reggiano and pepper. (make sure the fan isn't blowing your way, haha, I forgot mine was on and "the answer my friend" was not the only thing that was blowin in the wind! DOH!).
- Arrange the prosciutto over the cheese to cover the entire surface. Cut into 3 inch triangles with a pizza cutter. (I cut it into 3 inch squares first and then in half diagonally to make triangles).
- Roll the triangles up from the wide end, enclosing the cheese and proscuitto.
- Arrange on a baking sheet and shape into crescents. Brush with the egg and sprinkle with the Grana Padano. Bake at 375*F for 20 minutes until golden and crisp.
Very tasty, very easy but I thought they need a little "something" to make them look more appealing, so I tied each one right around the middle with fresh chives (1 per puff, 1 single knot and trimmed for uniformity). That did it! Lots ot compliments came my way. Thank you.
Big hit with all that tried it.
I made these for company we had this weekend as an appy, and they were so delicious. Everyone just raved about them! I popped the leftovers in the freezer (I had made a double batch) to see how they would freeze, and they came out just great. I did brush the pastry sheet with a beaten egg as another reviewer had suggested, and they did not unroll at all. Thanks for a well written and easy to follow recipe!!