Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is easy to prepare, requires no cooking, and the balsamic vinegar adds an unexpected burst of flavor. Be sure to use a soft baguette, not the hard crusty kind.
- 1 baguette French bread, sliced thin
- 1 package prosciutto, cut to fit bread slices
- thinly sliced mozzarella cheese
- thinly sliced tomatoes
- balsamic vinegar
- olive oil
- chopped fresh parsley
- Place slices of bread on serving tray and drizzle lightly with olive oil and vinegar.
- Layer cheese, one or two slices of prosciutto, and tomato on each piece of bread.
- Sprinkle with parsley as a garnish.
I intended to do this recipe until I saw roasted peppers and a woman in the store next to me said to crisp the bread and then rub garlic on it before adding the rest. So I did it both ways soft w/balsemic vinegar and hard rubbed w/garlic and people gravitated toward the crisped bread rubbed with garlic. So I changed the recipe a little but it still came out a hit.
Great! Fast, easy, and delicious. My only modification was to use oregano instead of parsley.