Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
Easy breakfast or brunch dish for company!
- 10 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 medium tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 4 slices prosciutto, thin slices, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 1-inch dice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- IN a large bowl, beat the eggs. Beat in the milk, grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, parsley, and basil. Season with salt and pepper.
- In an 8" nonstick ovenproof skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the shallots, and cook over moderate heat until softened, about 7 minutes. Add the tomato and prosciutto and cook, stirring, until warm, about 2 minutes. Pour in the eggs and cook until beginning to set on the bottom, about 3 minutes. Poke the mozzarella cubes into the eggs. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake frittata for about 20 minutes, until just firm when lightly pressed.
- Set the skillet over high heat and shake the frittata until releases, about 10 seconds. Plac a large, flat plate over the skillet and carefully invenrt the frittata onto it. Let cool for 5 minutes, then cut into wedges and serve.