Easy breakfast or brunch dish for company!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 medium tomato, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 4 slices prosciutto, thin slices, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 1-inch dice
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2IN a large bowl, beat the eggs. Beat in the milk, grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, parsley, and basil. Season with salt and pepper.
- 3In an 8" nonstick ovenproof skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the shallots, and cook over moderate heat until softened, about 7 minutes. Add the tomato and prosciutto and cook, stirring, until warm, about 2 minutes. Pour in the eggs and cook until beginning to set on the bottom, about 3 minutes. Poke the mozzarella cubes into the eggs. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake frittata for about 20 minutes, until just firm when lightly pressed.
- 4Set the skillet over high heat and shake the frittata until releases, about 10 seconds. Plac a large, flat plate over the skillet and carefully invenrt the frittata onto it. Let cool for 5 minutes, then cut into wedges and serve.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Prosciutto-And Fresh Mozzarella Frittata
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 254.9
- Calories from Fat 178
- Total Fat 19.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 369.2 mg
- Sodium 542.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 15.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: