1 hr 10 mins
These deliciously flavourful cranberry stuffing balls makes a great side-dish for either Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 ounce butter
- 6 shallots, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 bunch fresh sage, finely chopped
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves picked
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb sausage meat
- 14 ounces streaky bacon, very finely chopped
- 7 ounces white breadcrumbs
- 4 tablespoons walnuts, lightly crushed
- 1 lemon, zest of, finely grated
- 16 slices prosciutto
- vegetable oil, for dabbing
- 1Put the cranberries and the sugar in a small saucepan. Add in the water and stir, then heat until bubbling gently and stir again until the sugar has dissolved.
- 2Turn off the heat and leave to go cold. The berries should have softened and deflated slightly.
- 3Heat the butter in a frying pan. Add in shallots and garlic and fry gently until the shallots have softened but not coloured. Remove from heat.
- 4Mix in the sage and thyme then season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- 5Mix in the sausage meat, minced bacon, breadcrumbs, walnuts and lemon zest. Use your fingers and make sure everything is well mixed together.
- 6Drain away the syrup from the cranberries, then stir the berries into the stuffing mix.
- 7Shape the stuffing into 8 balls, each the size of a large golf ball.
- 8Wrap each one in two slices of prosciutto. Cover with plastic wrap and put in the fridge to firm up, ideally overnight.
- 9Once the turkey has finished roasting, preheat the oven to 400°F Remove the plastic wrap from the stuffing balls and place them across a shallow roasting tin, leaving lots of space between them.
- 10Dab them all over with a little oil and roast for 30 minutes or so until crisped and cooked through.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Prosciutto and Cranberry Stuffing Meatballs
Serving Size: 1 (232 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 761.7
- Calories from Fat 527
- Total Fat 58.6 g
- Saturated Fat 19.6 g
- Cholesterol 123.0 mg
- Sodium 1338.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 12.5 g
- Protein 26.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of