Recipe by katie in the UP
Ming Tsai is one of my favorite Chefs! I like many of his recipes. I have not tried this one, but it sounds very good!! Posted for Zaar World Tour 2005/Asia
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 Asian pears, peeled and julienned
- 1 lime, juice of
- fresh cracked black pepper
- 8 slices prosciutto di Parma (thin slices)
- 1⁄4 cup chives, batons (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a non-reactive saucepan, combine vinegars and simmer.
- Reduce by 60 to 70 percent until a syrupy consistency is achieved. Keep in mind that the syrup will thicken as it cools.
- In a bowl, mix julienned pears with lime juice and season with pepper.
- Using a sushi mat lay out one or two slices of prosciutto.
- Lay the pear pieces across the bottom of the prosciutto.
- Roll very tightly.
- Drizzle some vinegar syrup on a plate in a zigzag pattern.
- Slice rolls like sushi and garnish with chives and cracked peppercorns.