Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
adapted from Reader's Digest "The Ultimate Soup Cookbook" makes approximately 8, 1-cup servings
- 1 lb 93% lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 1⁄2 cups salsa
- 1 cup elbow macaroni
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cored, seeded, and chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- Over medium heat, cook beef, onion and garlic in a large saucepan until beef is browned. Drain off any remaining fat.
- Add beef broth, tomatoes, salsa, pasta, bell pepper, and chili powder. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for about 10 minutes or until pasta is tender.