1/4 Photos of Pronto Pups aka Corn Dogs
Fair weather cook's Note:
These are also known as Corn Dogs, but our school and church term for them are Pronto Pups. My family loves these friday nights, I can never seem to make enough for the kids!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine cornmeal, flour, baking powder, salt, egg and sugar.
- 2Add milk until batter has a pancake type consistency (Too much milk, and batter wont stay on hot dogs, too little and your batter when fried will be cracked).
- 3Dry off hot dogs with paper towels, coat with flour, and skewer through the center of the corndog.
- 4Heat 2" deep oil to 370 degrees F.
- 5Dip skewered hot dogs into batter mix and coat evenly.
- 6Fry until golden brown about 2 1/2 minutes.
- 7Let cool and drain on a paper towel.
- 8With left over batter drop like dumplings into the oil until golden brown and drain.
- 9Serve with ketchup, mustard tarter sauce or a dressing of your choosing.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pronto Pups aka Corn Dogs
Serving Size: 1 (1583 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 213.9
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 31.6 mg
- Sodium 741.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 6.6 g