Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a quickie. With just a few ingredients you can present a desert that looks like you spent a lot longer than 10 minutes putting it together. Plus, it tastes wonderful.
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 package frozen pound cake, thawed
- 1⁄3 cup almond flavored liqueur (or 1/3cup pineapple juice combined with 1/2 tsp almond extract)
- 1⁄4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- Combine undrained pineapple, whipped topping and pudding mix.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Cut cake lengthwise in thirds.
- Drizzle with liqueur.
- Spread 1/3 pudding mixture over bottom layer of cake.
- Top with second layer.
- Repeat layering, ending with pudding.
- Chill 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with toasted almond slices.
This is THE BEST summer dessert!. Had it at a friend's house last night and I am making it next week when we have company for a bbq. So refreshing and sooooooo easy!