1/2 Photos of Progresso Tomato Basil Soup (Copycat)
The Spice Guru's Note:
My reverse-engineered recipe for Progresso's popular Tomato Basil Soup, as requested by a fellow Food.com member. It's a bit on the sweet side, if you've never tried the original.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 7 cups cold water
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1/3 cup wondra gravy flour
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dried sweet basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons butter flavor seasoning (Butter Buds)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon morton salt substitute
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground fennel
- 1 small bay leaf (removed)
- 1NOTE: USE ONE 12-OZ CAN TOMATO PASTE, OR TWO 6-OUNCE CANS. USE VERY COLD WATER. (STEP 1): VIGOROUSLY whisk ingredients in a 2 1/2 quart saucepan until smooth.
- 2BRING mixture to a boil for one minute while whisking then reduce heat.
- 3SIMMER soup for 15 minutes, then remove bay leaf.
- 4LADLE into serving bowls and garnish as desired.
- 5SERVE and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Progresso Tomato Basil Soup (Copycat)
Serving Size: 1 (381 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 240.9
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1430.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 28.3 g
- Protein 5.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: