Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This recipe is off the Progresso Plain Dried Bread Crumbs can. It's very good and easy to make!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef (at least 80%)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh basil leaves, chopped or 1⁄2 teaspoon basil leaves, dried
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 garlic cloves, finely chopped or 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup progresso plain breadcrumbs
- 1 small onion, chopped (1/4 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup red bell peppers or 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup, chili sauce or 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
- Heat oven to 350. Mix all ingredients except ketchup.
- Spread mixture in ungreased 8x4 or 9x5-inch loaf pan, or shape into 9x5-inch loaf in ungreased 13x9-inch pan. Spread ketchup over top.
- Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is in center of loaf. Bake uncovered 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until beef is no longer pink in center and thermometer reads at least 160 degree. Let stand 5 minutes, remove from pan.