Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 15 mins
This recipe is off the Progresso Plain Dried Bread Crumbs can. It's very good and easy to make!
Make and share this Progresso Italian Meat Loaf recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef (at least 80%)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh basil leaves, chopped or 1⁄2 teaspoon basil leaves, dried
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 garlic cloves, finely chopped or 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup progresso plain breadcrumbs
- 1 small onion, chopped (1/4 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup red bell peppers or 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup, chili sauce or 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
- Heat oven to 350. Mix all ingredients except ketchup.
- Spread mixture in ungreased 8x4 or 9x5-inch loaf pan, or shape into 9x5-inch loaf in ungreased 13x9-inch pan. Spread ketchup over top.
- Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is in center of loaf. Bake uncovered 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until beef is no longer pink in center and thermometer reads at least 160 degree. Let stand 5 minutes, remove from pan.