Recipe by mandikaake
I needed an icing to use to make my daughters castle cake. While in Farmer Jack, the woman at the register ahead of me talked about how she decorates cakes. So I took that as my opportunity to ask her what recipe she uses for icing and this is what she gave me. I got lots of raving reviews. This hardens up like the cakes in meijer, etc.... and it's not too sweet.
Top Review by BestTeenChef
I use this recipes all the time. Like the other reivewer, I also took a Wilton class and used the exact recipe! It worked great and tastes also tastes very good!(By the way, meringue powder can be found in the Wilton isle at Michaels
- 1 lb sifted powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon meringue powder
- 1 cup Crisco
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the shortening, water and vanilla. This will take some time to mix up but it will eventually.
- Add the meringue powder and powdered sugar.
- Mix well - beat for about 3 minutes
- If this is way too stiff you can add a little water at a time. Just remember you want this to be a little thick so you can spread it.