I needed an icing to use to make my daughters castle cake. While in Farmer Jack, the woman at the register ahead of me talked about how she decorates cakes. So I took that as my opportunity to ask her what recipe she uses for icing and this is what she gave me. I got lots of raving reviews. This hardens up like the cakes in meijer, etc.... and it's not too sweet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the shortening, water and vanilla. This will take some time to mix up but it will eventually.
- 2Add the meringue powder and powdered sugar.
- 3Mix well - beat for about 3 minutes
- 4If this is way too stiff you can add a little water at a time. Just remember you want this to be a little thick so you can spread it.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Professional Decorators' Icing
Serving Size: 1 (707 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1025.3
- Calories from Fat 528
- Total Fat 58.7 g
- Saturated Fat 17.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 129.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 127.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: