Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
When my husband tried this he asked where I had bought it from and couldn't believe I had made it. I found this recipe on the Eagle brand website and tweaked it a little. It is exactly what you need for a chocolate fix....
- 300 g dark chocolate (couverture)
- 200 g white chocolate
- 20 Oreo cookies or 20 chocolate sandwich style cookies
- 400 g sweetened condensed milk
- 14.79 ml butter
- 14.79 ml cognac (optional) or 14.79 ml Kahlua (optional)
- Prepare a foil-lined rectangular tin or plastic tupperware container with greaseproof paper.
- Stir milk in a saucepan over low heat with butter until melted.( You can add liquer if you wish at this stage).
- Add chocolate and stir until combined.
- Break oreos into quarters in a bowl and add to chocolate mixture.
- Combine and tip into tin or plastic container.
- Chill for a least 2 hours.
- Pull out the fudge, peel off the paper or foil, cut into small squares and serve.
- Note that you can use a smaller container for thicker pieces of fudge.
- Edited to add: I made a cherry version of this for Valentine's Day last year by adding 1/2 cup of glace cherries, tipping the fudge into a heart-shaped mold and then decorating with cherries, red sugar and whipped cream. It was yummy and looked cute.
Easy to make with magnificent results. I made a batch of this on Sunday & everyone loves it. Will definitely make this again. Thanks for sharing this winner.