Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe eliminates the cutting up of fruit rinds !! time standing overnight is not included in prep time.
- 1 grapefruit, large, chopped
- 1 lemon, chopped
- 2 oranges, large, chopped
- 946.36 ml water
- 1656.13 ml sugar
- Chop fruit finely including seeds in processor.
- Combine fruit and water in big, big pot, bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes.
- Stand overnight.
- Next day, bring to boil and add sugar.
- Mixture should not be more than 5 cms deep at this stage.
- Stir till sugar dissolves.
- Boil rapidly, uncovered for 30 minutes or till teaspoon jells on cold saucer.
- Stand 5 minutes before pouring into hot, sterilized jars, seal when cold.
For me the sugar was too much, but I have this problem with all the jams,cakes,cookies,etc. The taste was great and I am a big fan of citrus marmalade,especially I enjoy the bitterness. So that's why the sugar was too much for me. And I do have a problem with all the recipes that involve a waiting period. I find it very hard to get through it,luckyly here there wasn't anything to sample. I hope I'll find anfaster recipe because from now this is a must have food in my home. Thanks for sharing