Recipe by katew
This recipe eliminates the cutting up of fruit rinds !! time standing overnight is not included in prep time.
Top Review by littlemafia
For me the sugar was too much, but I have this problem with all the jams,cakes,cookies,etc. The taste was great and I am a big fan of citrus marmalade,especially I enjoy the bitterness. So that's why the sugar was too much for me. And I do have a problem with all the recipes that involve a waiting period. I find it very hard to get through it,luckyly here there wasn't anything to sample. I hope I'll find anfaster recipe because from now this is a must have food in my home. Thanks for sharing
- 1 grapefruit, large, chopped
- 1 lemon, chopped
- 2 oranges, large, chopped
- 946.36 ml water
- 1656.13 ml sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop fruit finely including seeds in processor.
- Combine fruit and water in big, big pot, bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes.
- Stand overnight.
- Next day, bring to boil and add sugar.
- Mixture should not be more than 5 cms deep at this stage.
- Stir till sugar dissolves.
- Boil rapidly, uncovered for 30 minutes or till teaspoon jells on cold saucer.
- Stand 5 minutes before pouring into hot, sterilized jars, seal when cold.