Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A good, basic meatloaf.
- 2 lbs ground round (or 1 lb. ground round, 1/2 lb. ground pork, and 1/2 lb. ground veal)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup firm fresh white breadcrumbs (or uncooked quick oats)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons prepared chili sauce or 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a big mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients, using your hands to gently but thoroughly mix all ingredients.
- Pat mixture into a 9x5-inch loaf pan, smoothing the top.
- Bake about 1 hour or until the meatloaf is firm and the top is richly browned (can insert a meat thermometer into the center, should register 155°).
- Let meatloaf stand in pan for 10 minutes; slice and serve.
This meatloaf is just terrific! It has a great flavor. I made mine with oatmeal and didn't have any parsley so I substituted 1/3 cup finely diced green pepper. It turned out just dandy. Made for 2012 Football Pool.