Prep 35 mins
Cook 55 mins
got this recipe from the Robin Hood flour website!
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup Robin Hood all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 cups peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 double crust pie crust
- PREHEAT oven to 450°F (230°C).
- CRUST: Prepare pastry according to directions for double crust pie. Roll out bottom crust and fit into 9” (23 cm) pie plate.
- FILLING: Mix together sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Combine sugar mixture with peaches and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Fill bottom crust with fruit mixture. Dot with butter.
- Place top pastry crust over filling. Seal and flute edge. Slash top crust for steam to escape. Place pie on piece of foil to catch any drips.
- BAKE on lower oven rack at 450°F (230°C) for 15 minutes, then reduce temperature to 350°F (180°C) and bake for 35 to 40 minutes longer or until fruit is tender and crust is golden.