Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This was the grand prize winner in the Women's Day/Campbell's Soup recipe contest (I don't recall the year), and was submitted by Sarah Langford.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed golden corn soup (or 1 can creamed corn)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup or 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can nacho cheese soup
- 3⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 3⁄4 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1 1⁄2 dozen small corn tortillas
- 4 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded (1 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced black olives
- avocado, sliced
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. have an 11 x 7-inch baking dish ready.
- Cook ground beef in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, breaking up chunks, 4 minutes or until no longer pink. Drain off any fat. Stir in undiluted corn soup, chili powder and red pepper.
- In a large bowl, stir cheese soup, onions, tomatoes and chilies until blended.
- Cut tortillas in half. Line the bottom of baking dish with 8 halves. Cover with half the meat mixture. Top with 8 more tortilla halves, then with half the soup mixture. Repeat layers, ending with soup mixture.
- Bake 20 minutes until tortillas are softened. top with shredded cheese and olives. Bake 10 minutes longer or until hot and bubbling.