Recipe by Cat^..^atude
This is the way my Grandparents made it 50 years ago. This is my version and the horse radish and the Kraft Miracle whip give it the zing.The only dressing that gives the correct flavor is Kraft Miracle Whip; nothing else works. I tried it in Australia and was sadly disappointed because Kraft Miracle Whip is not available there. I also like the frozen peas put in just before serving as they are obviously cold and they pop in your mouth.
Top Review by -Sheri-
I just had to try this recipe and it turned out great, tasty. I added a bit more pepper, salt, onion and celery just because I like a lot going on in my potatoe salad. It was very good, Thank you for posting!
- 3⁄4 medium potato (any variety will work)
- 3 hard-boiled eggs (chopped up)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced
- 3 radishes, finely chopped (optional)
- Miracle Whip (enough to moisten, 1/2 cup)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 cup frozen green pea (uncooked)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook potatoes in boiling water until tender.
- Drain potatoes and cut cup but not too small.
- Cook, peel and cut up hard boiled eggs.
- Chop green onions, shred carrot, and finely chop celery and radishes; add to potatoes and eggs.
- Add enough Miracle Whip to moisten.
- Add horseradish and pepper.
- Lastly, add still frozen green peas just 5 to 10 minutes prior to serving.