Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
From Gooseberry Patch Flavors of Fall.
Make and share this Prize-Winning Pot Roast recipe from Food.com.
- 3 1⁄2-5 lbs beef chuck roast
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of celery soup
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) package onion soup mix
- 1 -2 cup red wine (or beef broth)
- 1⁄2 cup frozen apple juice concentrate
- 4 -6 potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 4 -8 carrots, cut into 3-inch lengths
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms
- 8 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Place chuck roast in a roasting pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the soup, soup mix, and red wine; pour over the roast.
- Cover and bake in a 350° oven for 1 hour.
- Add in apple juice concentrate, potatoes, and carrots.
- Cover and bake another 30 minutes; remove from oven.
- Add in mushrooms, celery, salt, and pepper.
- Bake for one more hour, uncovering for the last 30 minutes.
Great roast! I put mine in the crockpot along with everything else. I kept out the mushrooms, celery and carrots this time. I braised the roast and then stuck in crockpot on low for a couple of hours and then turned up to high around 2 as we were to eat at 5. It came out nice and tender.