Recipe by Serendipity Elizabeth
I combined my sister-in-law's marinade recipe with my friend's barbecue cooking method. I then submitted this recipe into to a radio station as part of a contest and I ended up winning the grand prize of a Jenairre stove! It's so versatile that it works both with cheap cuts of beef and expensive too. I won't cook beef roast any other way. Enjoy!
Top Review by bbsid52
Since it's the middle of winter, I didn't want to fire up the grill. But this marinade was great on the 4 lb. bottom round roast that I didn't know how to cook. I kept it in the marinade for 36 hours and then in the oven at 250, lightly covered with foil until the internal temperature was at 160. Best tasting, most tender roast ever! This marinade is now in my recipe box! Thanks!
- 1⁄2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 4 -5 garlic cloves, crushed
- 40 peppercorns, crushed
- 1 sirloin tip roast or 1 blade roast or 1 round roast or 1 prime rib roast or 1 london broil beef
- 1 pint sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a food processor, crush peppercorns until fine.
- Add garlic to processor and crush.
- Add soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce and lemon juice and blend.
- Pour mixture into giant zip lock freezer bag and add the meat to be marinated (even the cheapest cuts of beef will taste like prime rib!).
- Seal bag.
- Refrigerate for 48 hours (turn bag every time you open the fridge door).
- Reserve the marinade for later use.
- Barbecue the meat as you would normally however, I prefer to cook the meat very VERY slowly using an indirect cooking method--only ONE side of the barbecue is lit and turned down to low.
- The meat is placed on the one side of the barbecue which is off, over a pan of water, which sits on the barbecue rocks.
- Note: Total barbecue time depends on the size of beef roast.
- Relax while your dinner cooks.
- Put marinade on the stove and bring to a boil.
- Add just enough marinade to some sour cream, to make a sauce to drizzle over the cooked meat.
- Sit back and enjoy the compliments.