Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs 45 mins
These crisp on the outside, tender on the inside rolls won a blue ribbon at the state fair. They have a great flavor!
- 1 1⁄4 cups warm water
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3 -3 1⁄4 cups bread flour
- 2 teaspoons fast rising yeast or 2 teaspoons quick-rising yeast
- Place ingredients in bread machine pan as suggested by manufacturer.
- Choose dough cycle and start machine.
- Upon completion of the dough cycle, remove dough.
- Form rolls, place on a greased baking sheet.
- Cover with a towel and let rise in a warm, draft-free location for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 12-15 minutes.
this was super easy wld. recomend, rose super well.
Lovely! cooked half, froze half as dough, will cook in a couple of days. nice crust and colour. flavour good. 5 stars!
This is a very nice recipe. I prepared it all by hand because I don't have a bread machine, and it came together quickly. The rolls weren't that crusty after baking, but I reheated/toasted some later and there was then a bit of crunch to the outside. Thank you for sharing this.