Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This cookie recipe took first prize in a contest, it has remained a favorite for many years! :)
Top Review by deadre
This turned out amazing. I baked the chopped apples in 1 cup brown sugar and 1 cup butter, with apple pie spice, roasted cinnamon, clove, and nutmeg to make the apples tender before adding them to the cookie mix. I also added roasted cinnamon and apple pie spice to the icing for extra flavor! Thank you Kittencal for an awesome recipe!!!!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2⁄3 cup white sugar
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup apple juice
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup apple, peeled, and finely chopped (Granny Smith apples are best)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 -4 tablespoons apple juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl cream butter and both sugars together.
- Beat in the egg and apple juice.
- In a small bowl combine the dry ingredients.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture; blend well.
- Mix in the chopped apples and nuts.
- Drop dough by heaping teaspoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 12-13 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Place on wire rack to cool.
- For frosting: Beat all frosting ingredients until smooth; frost cookies.