Recipe by Mom2Rose
I entered this bundt cake of mine this past weekend into a baking contest at our local gourmet food store. It took home 2nd place--plus the bakery is going to start making it along side of their other "gourmet" cakes!! I am so excited--thought I would share it with everyone!
Top Review by Luvs2kook
wowee! SO good! I had a mini bundt cake pan my mom gave me and I really wanted to try it out. What a wonderful recipe. Came out perfect and delicious! I used amaretto instead of almond extract. I used 4 TBS. Next time, I will use 6-8 TBS as the flavor was a bit weak. Thank you for this excellent recipe!
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 1⁄3 cups milk
- 1 cup butter, softened at room temperature
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- chopped almonds
- raw sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F; grease and flour a bundt pan.
- Beat sugar, egg, almond extract, milk and softened butter together.
- Gradually add flour, baking powder and cinnamon.
- In bottom of greased bundt pan, sprinkle almonds and raw sugar to make a nice crunchy topping.
- Pour cake batter over almonds/sugar.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean from center of cake.
- Cool for 15-20 minutes, then remove from pan.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Serve warm or cooled - your preference.