Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
A simple cookie that can be frozen and cooked when needed
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs, well beaten
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups Crisco, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 1⁄2 cups flour, sifted twice
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- Cream shortening and sugars.
- Add eggs and beat well.
- Add flour, salt, cinnamon and nuts; mix well.
- Make two rolls (I use wax paper to make the rolls) and refrigerate over night.
- Cut thin and bake in 350 degree oven until lightly browned.
thses wer very tasty i think that i would use 2 cups of walnuts the next timebecause i love walnuts soooooooooooooo much. i would use this recepi for christmas when my whole family comes over. thats 35 people. thank you Chef #687065
My grandma made these as her signature treat at christmas. We always have the dough on hand for cookies now, I love them!!