Pritikin Style Poached Fish
- Combine all ingredients other than the fish in a large pot and bring to a simmer.
- Lower the fish into the hot liquid, cover and continue o simmer over low heat.
- Cook 8-10 minutes, or until the fish flakes when tested with a fork. Lift the fish fillet carefully from the liquid with a large spatula.
- Serve hot, with or without a sauce, or chilled and flaked for use on salads, sandwiches, and appetizers.
- To use the poaching liquid as a flavorful base for a sauce, boil it down to half volume.
- It using super delicate fish, wrap in cheesecloth or lettuce when poaching.