Recipe by iPriscilla
It's a blend of Thai flavor and my own concoction - i just basically looked for whatever we had in the kitchen and dumped some in to my knowledge of how much would taste good, like no more than 1/4 cup of vinegar (yechhh)but it was darned good! i didn't exactly do a recipe of it, just dumped everything in so it might be inaccurate. when i get some reviews i might change it :) it's actually quite easy - and my mom said it tasted awesome lol (ps its my first meat recipe i've ever done lol) PS U NEED SKEWERS
Top Review by Debbwl
This is tasty. Made using chili pepper and was still a little sweet for our taste. It grills up nicely and has good flavor. May be cut the brown sugar in half. Thanks for the post.
- 680.38 g chicken thighs (about three, four drumsticks, dont use breast please)
- 44.37 ml peanut butter
- 1.23 ml lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves (crushed or chopped very finely)
- 9.85 ml hoisin sauce
- 78.07 ml soya sauce
- 44.37 ml brown sugar
- 14.79 ml honey
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 2.46 ml salt
- 4.92 ml chili powder
- 59.14 ml wine (any kind, i used rice)
- 1.23 ml ginger, chopped really fine
- 4.92 ml parsley, ripped up (optional)
- 1.23 ml chili pepper (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- First, lemme say that you need skewers and a grilling machine. If you haven't got those you might need to bake it, but i have no guarentees how it will come out! Ok. You need to soak maybe six to eight skewers for like 20 minutes.
- you get the chicken thighs (its better to cut them when theyre a little frozen my mom said) and you take off the skin, and cut the meat off the bone. cut them into bite sized pieces, about the size of an eraser.
- Mix all of those stuff up. yep, everything. but make sure first that the garlic is chopped up real nice and not like a chunk. Do not think that hoisin sauce is some random un necessary sauce and skip out on it. If you dont have that, use oyster sauce.(I know, I'm asian).
- Marinate for 30 minutes to one hour. You can even stick it in the fridge and put it overnight, it'll taste even better.
- Skewer the chicken onto the sticks evenly, so it's for sure to be cooked.
- grill for 5 minutes on each side. :) all done! it'll taste good with rice i think, and some veggies (for all you veggie haters out there).