1/3 Photos of Priscilla's Grilled Chicken Skewers
It's a blend of Thai flavor and my own concoction - i just basically looked for whatever we had in the kitchen and dumped some in to my knowledge of how much would taste good, like no more than 1/4 cup of vinegar (yechhh)but it was darned good! i didn't exactly do a recipe of it, just dumped everything in so it might be inaccurate. when i get some reviews i might change it :) it's actually quite easy - and my mom said it tasted awesome lol (ps its my first meat recipe i've ever done lol) PS U NEED SKEWERS
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken thighs (about three, four drumsticks, dont use breast please)
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves (crushed or chopped very finely)
- 2 teaspoons hoisin sauce
- 1/3 cup soya sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 cup wine (any kind, i used rice)
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger, chopped really fine
- 1 teaspoon parsley, ripped up (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon chili pepper (optional)
- 1First, lemme say that you need skewers and a grilling machine. If you haven't got those you might need to bake it, but i have no guarentees how it will come out! Ok. You need to soak maybe six to eight skewers for like 20 minutes.
- 2you get the chicken thighs (its better to cut them when theyre a little frozen my mom said) and you take off the skin, and cut the meat off the bone. cut them into bite sized pieces, about the size of an eraser.
- 3Mix all of those stuff up. yep, everything. but make sure first that the garlic is chopped up real nice and not like a chunk. Do not think that hoisin sauce is some random un necessary sauce and skip out on it. If you dont have that, use oyster sauce.(I know, I'm asian).
- 4Marinate for 30 minutes to one hour. You can even stick it in the fridge and put it overnight, it'll taste even better.
- 5Skewer the chicken onto the sticks evenly, so it's for sure to be cooked.
- 6grill for 5 minutes on each side. :) all done! it'll taste good with rice i think, and some veggies (for all you veggie haters out there).
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Priscilla's Grilled Chicken Skewers
Serving Size: 1 (122 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 349.7
- Calories from Fat 193
- Total Fat 21.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 95.5 mg
- Sodium 1246.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 11.1 g
- Protein 23.5 g