It's a blend of Thai flavor and my own concoction - i just basically looked for whatever we had in the kitchen and dumped some in to my knowledge of how much would taste good, like no more than 1/4 cup of vinegar (yechhh)but it was darned good! i didn't exactly do a recipe of it, just dumped everything in so it might be inaccurate. when i get some reviews i might change it :) it's actually quite easy - and my mom said it tasted awesome lol (ps its my first meat recipe i've ever done lol) PS U NEED SKEWERS
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken thighs (about three, four drumsticks, dont use breast please)
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves (crushed or chopped very finely)
- 2 teaspoons hoisin sauce
- 1⁄3 cup soya sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 cup wine (any kind, i used rice)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger, chopped really fine
- 1 teaspoon parsley, ripped up (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili pepper (optional)
- First, lemme say that you need skewers and a grilling machine. If you haven't got those you might need to bake it, but i have no guarentees how it will come out! Ok. You need to soak maybe six to eight skewers for like 20 minutes.
- you get the chicken thighs (its better to cut them when theyre a little frozen my mom said) and you take off the skin, and cut the meat off the bone. cut them into bite sized pieces, about the size of an eraser.
- Mix all of those stuff up. yep, everything. but make sure first that the garlic is chopped up real nice and not like a chunk. Do not think that hoisin sauce is some random un necessary sauce and skip out on it. If you dont have that, use oyster sauce.(I know, I'm asian).
- Marinate for 30 minutes to one hour. You can even stick it in the fridge and put it overnight, it'll taste even better.
- Skewer the chicken onto the sticks evenly, so it's for sure to be cooked.
- grill for 5 minutes on each side. :) all done! it'll taste good with rice i think, and some veggies (for all you veggie haters out there).
This is tasty. Made using chili pepper and was still a little sweet for our taste. It grills up nicely and has good flavor. May be cut the brown sugar in half. Thanks for the post.
This grilled chicken has a tinge of sweetness to it and the hoisin gives this tasty skewer recipe a nice color and a wonderful taste hence it's indeed important that one shouldn't opt out on it. The boneless thighs give it a more flavorful taste probably coz it has a little bit of fat in it but I wouldn't mind using this with breast too since the skin is removed anyway. I used sweet chili sauce instead of the powder. Had extra sauce (separated the extra before marinating it with the chicken) which I would happily use again for another batch. Thanks, Priscilla! We more than love it! :)