Recipe by Debilyn_Ks
These use no eggs or milk. I use to make them for my daycare as a child I had was a vegan (hence the name).I don't remember the actual name of them. The chocolate chips are optional or you can use carob chips. I never frosted them. Also they do freeze well. Prep time is approximate.
Top Review by ecobots
this is really similar to a large cake recipe. it rises when the vinegar reacts to the soda. the vinegar works best added after the rest of the wet ingredients are mixed in. great to see a useful recipe for avoiding egg/dairy. my recipe ALWAYS gets a rave
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened orange juice
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup chocolate chips (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine dry ingredients, make a well in center.
- In separate bowl combine remaining ingredients except chocolate chips.
- Pour into well, stir just until mixed, fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour into paper lined muffin tins, spray paper with pam.
- Bake at 375 for 12 min or until test done.