Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 can refrigerated buttermilk or 1 can refrigerated country biscuits
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 375* Brown ground beef and onion.
- Stir in tomato sauce, chili powder& garlic salt.
- Simmer while preparing dough.
- Seperate dough into 10 biscuits, pull apart into 2 layers.
- Press 10 over the bottom of an ungreased 8 or 9 inch square pan.
- Combine 1/2 cheese, sour cream and egg.
- Mix well.
- Remove meat from heat, stir in sour cream mixture.
- Spoon over dough.
- Spread remaining biscuits on top and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes .
This is very good and quick. Add a salad and you've got a nice little meal.
We thought it was too dry. Also, with the ingredients posted, I thought it would be more tasty then it was.