Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
My friend Allison Dennis was hard at work one day in the kitchen and I had asked her what she was making for dinner. She said Princess Soup. I had asked her what the heck Princess Soup was. She said that it is an Italian inspired soup. She had given it the distinct name "Princess Soup" to coax her two little girls to be excited about the soup and eat it up! Enjoy and tell me what you think!
- 1 -2 lb Italian sausage
- 2 (32 ounce) cans chicken stock
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 large potato, cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 head cabbage, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- 3 cups fresh corn kernels
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 3 packages cheese, filled tortellini precooked
- salt and pepper
- 1.Brown and drain sausage.
- 2.In a large soup pot combine the chicken broth/stock the un-drained tomatoes, potatoes, onions, celery, carrots, cabbage and Italian seasoning. Add drained sausage. Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Simmer for about 15 minutes.
- 3.Stir in the beans, corn, zucchini and tortellini; simmer for 10 to 15 more minutes until the vegetables are tender. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 4.Serve with garlic bread and grated Mozzarella cheese. Enjoy like a princess or prince!