Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is a variation of Princess Fresh Tuna Steak which uses tuna. I had the sauce from it left over and added a lil extra seasoning and capers & threw it in the crockpot with a roast and Voila! This is literally the best tasting roast I have ever eaten, and the only way I will make a roast from now on! It also helps on clean up if you use one of those Slow Cooker Liners :)
- 3 -4 lbs pot roast
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lbs fresh tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers (i used non-pareil capers)
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 cups dry white wine
- Place the roast in the crockpot.
- Mix all other ingredients well and pour over roast.
- Cook on LOW 8-9 hours.
- Serve with the sauce and tomatoes over the roast.
This roast was absoulty wonderful! The sauce was very easy to make. Just put everything in the crock pot and voila dinner is ready...