Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a very nice summer recipe that I came upon while on a Princess cruise ship. The tuna and the sauce can be finished well in advance and refrigerated separately. The fresher the tuna, the better this dish will be. Prep time does not reflect the marinating time or the chill time.
- 6 (7 ounce) tuna steaks
- 2 lemons, juice of
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon mixed Italian herbs
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lbs fresh ripe tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 medium red onion
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Marinate the tuna with lemon juice, salt, pepper and half the Italian herbs for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Bake 20 minutes at 350^F.
- Allow to cool.
- In a bowl, mix the oil with the tomatoes, garlic, capers, onion and the remaining Italian herbs.
- Add the dry white wine.
- Top the tuna steak with this cold sauce just before serving.
- Garnish with parsley.
- Serve cold.
Wow, were do i start with this..? Im giving this a 4 because i dont usually eat fish and it kind of took me off gaurd being cold. i think for someone who reallly loves fish this would be atleast a 5, if not than more. The sauce for this is absoulty delicious! i can even see it on dishes from beef to pasta! infact im saving the remaing sauce for a roast i have :) made this for a Bargain Basement Tag. Thanks for Posting!!