Recipe by L DJ
While cooking in a restaurant I had to prepare daily entree specials using ingredients we had on hand. Made by boss crazy cause he'd ask what the special was, I would tell him don't know haven't named it yet. On this particular day Princess Di was in the headlines thus the name....
Top Review by Angela Sara
Oh my, oh my!! This is wonderful!! While keeping the chicken warm, the children kept eating it "Just to try it!" and I had to make more!!! When I mixed the ingredients for the sauce I found that I didn't need to cook it, I just spread it on the chicken in a soft wholewheat bread roll. Fantastic!! Thank you, thank you from all of my family!!
- 6 boneless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- nonstick cooking spray
- 6 slices Canadian bacon, trimmed
- 6 slices fresh tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 English muffins
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heavy duty plastic bag pound chicken breast to 1/4 inch.
- Combine flour, paprika, and pepper.
- Coat chicken with flour mixture, shaking off excess.
- In large nonstick skillet, coated with cooking spray saute' chicken til browned and juices run clear.
- Remove and keep warm.
- In skillet, brown canadian bacon,turning once, remove, keep warm.
- Wipe skillet clean with paper towel.
- Combine sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, mustard in skillet cook stirring constantly over med-low heat til sauce is heated through (do not boil).
- Place English muffin on baking sheet, top each half with slice of canadian bacon, chicken breast, 1 slice tomato and 2 tablespoons sauce.
- Broil til bubbly, serve.