Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
While cooking in a restaurant I had to prepare daily entree specials using ingredients we had on hand. Made by boss crazy cause he'd ask what the special was, I would tell him don't know haven't named it yet. On this particular day Princess Di was in the headlines thus the name....
- 6 boneless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- nonstick cooking spray
- 6 slices Canadian bacon, trimmed
- 6 slices fresh tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 English muffins
- In a heavy duty plastic bag pound chicken breast to 1/4 inch.
- Combine flour, paprika, and pepper.
- Coat chicken with flour mixture, shaking off excess.
- In large nonstick skillet, coated with cooking spray saute' chicken til browned and juices run clear.
- Remove and keep warm.
- In skillet, brown canadian bacon,turning once, remove, keep warm.
- Wipe skillet clean with paper towel.
- Combine sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, mustard in skillet cook stirring constantly over med-low heat til sauce is heated through (do not boil).
- Place English muffin on baking sheet, top each half with slice of canadian bacon, chicken breast, 1 slice tomato and 2 tablespoons sauce.
- Broil til bubbly, serve.
Oh my, oh my!! This is wonderful!! While keeping the chicken warm, the children kept eating it "Just to try it!" and I had to make more!!! When I mixed the ingredients for the sauce I found that I didn't need to cook it, I just spread it on the chicken in a soft wholewheat bread roll. Fantastic!! Thank you, thank you from all of my family!!