Recipe by Rachie P
My DH and I have been on 2 Princess cruises, and never before have I tasted a better mousse than the one they have! Recipezaar chef Nana Lee did the research to find this one. I haven't made it yet but can't wait!(I guessed on serving size and prep time) It was so heavenly & and I enjoyed it so much that as I was eating it on the cruise a waiter offered me a piece of bread to lap up the rest of it off my plate -how embarassing! But worth it!
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 6 ounces white chocolate
- 6 ounces chocolate
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 5 egg yolks
- 1⁄4 cup Amaretto
- 1 cup heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring the cream to a boil, reduce to a simmer and stir in the white chocolate until it has melted.
- Whisk the egg yolks and sugar together well until the eggs have become lightly frothy and the sugar dissolved.
- Whisk the cream and chocolate into the eggs and return to the stove.
- Add the amaretto and cook over a moderate heat, stirring continuously, until the mixture thickens to coat the spoon well. Do not boil.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Whisk the remaining cream to a stiff peak. Carefully fold the whipped cream into the white chocolate mixture.
- Cover the mousse with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- To make the Chocolate Mousse, simply substitute the 6 ounces of white chocolate with 6 ounces of chocolate.