Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
From nikibone for zaar world tour.
- 1 lb boneless chicken
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 10 hot red peppers
- 1 tablespoon sake
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon szechuan peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 cup chopped peanuts
- 4 cups rice
- Chop chicken into 1 inch pieces.
- Combine 2 tablespoons cornstarch and 1 tablespoon soy sauce in medium bowl; add chicken, stir and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Combine sake, soy sauce, sugar, salt, cornstarch and sesame oil; set aside.
- Heat oil in wok.
- Stir fry chicken 2 minutes until lightly browned.
- Remove all but 2 teaspoons oil from wok.
- Stir fry dried pepper and peppercorns briefly.
- Add minced ginger and cooked chicken stir fry 1 minute.
- Add seasoning sauce; stir until sauce thickens.
- Stir in peanuts.
- Serve over hot rice.
Yummy! I added a little more soy sauce in step 2 because it was so thick that I couldn't stir it well. It made a nice thick marinade for the chicken. Everything went together quickly for a yummy stir-fry. I served this over Citrus Jasmine Rice which gave a little hint of citrus as well. Next time I will double the sauce because it was also wonderful on rice. Thanks Dienia for a great meal. Made for ZWT6 Unrulies Under the Influence.