Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got the recipe from CD Kitchen it was posted by Mary Filmore. I searched and printed this recipe for my grammy after she told me her mom made a Prince Of Wales Cake for her. She told me this sounded just like what her mom had made for her. I don't know for sure if she got to try it or not.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 1⁄2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon clove
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups seedless raisins (dusted with small amount of dry ingredients)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream shortening until fluffy and beat in sugar and eggs.
- Pour Buttermilk in bowl and stir in baking soda.
- Combine sifted dry ingredients into egg mixture alternately with buttermilk.
- Stir in raisins.
- Pour batter into bundt or 13-9 pan. Bake 50 minutes to one hour, or until a cake tested comes out clean. If baked in bundt pan bake for 70 minutes.
darlenes recipe is called prince alberts cake it uses 1 cup butter and only cinnamon and 1 cup nuts im sure its same cake its a very old recipe baked 40 min at 375 thanks for posting