Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
This comes from the 2008 Taste of Home recipe book. I made it last night and thought it was actually pretty good! Nice and fresh and easy with lots of good veggies. This is from their "Cooking for one or two" section, so you might have to double the recipe to make enough for everyone. :)
- 3⁄4 cup uncooked rotini pasta
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped red pepper
- 1 hard-boiled egg, diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped olive
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 2 tablespoons ranch dressing
- 1 tablespoon Italian dressing
- Cook the pasta, then drain and rinse in cold water.
- Combine the pasta and all ingredients in a bowl, except the ranch and italian dressings.
- Add the dressings and toss to coat. Refrigerate until served.
This is a great pasta salad! Loved the veggies (left out the onions and olives). I used lowfat dressings and was pleasantly surprised by the combination - it's really good! Thanks for sharing your creation! Made for Fall Pick-A-Chef 2011
I really liked that this recipe is measured for two servings. I found the serving size to be very generous. I was intrigued by the idea of mixing two prepared dressings as I always have both on hand. The salad was colorful and tasty, however the dressings were quickly absorbed when I chilled the salad for later. Served with Zesty Sir - Lime Burgers. Made for Fall '09 Pick A Chef.