Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
if you enjoy red meat, this is for you. A good Cabernet Sauvignon pairs well with this dish.
- 5 -6 lbs bone-in prime rib roast, chine bone removed
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened, plus
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1⁄4 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- Heat oven to 450°F.
- Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper.
- Place roast, rib side down, in large shallow roasting pan.
- Bake at 450°F for 15 minutes; reduce oven temperature to 325°F.
- Bake 1 hour 45 minutes to 2 hours, or until desired doneness.
- Remove from oven, cover loosely with foil; let stand 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt 2 tbsp butter in medium sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add garlic; cook 2-4 minutes or until garlic is lightly browned.
- Add broth and Worcestershire sauce.
- Bring to a boil; remove from heat.
- Slowly whisk in remaining 3/4 cup butter.
- Stir in chives, and serve immediately with prime rib.
Just had this for dinner, and oh...man, it was REAL GOOD. Oh so rich, but so flavorful. Used 2 tablespoons of the sauce to saute some mushrooms to top the steaks with. DELICIOUS!