Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Weber's Real Grilling
- 1 (5 -6 lb) bone-in standing prime rib roast, trimmed of excess fat
- 6 large garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 cup lightly packed fresh rosemary leaf
- 1⁄4 cup lightly packed fresh basil leaf
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 6 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- fresh ground black pepper
- Let the roast stand at room temperature 30-45 minutes before grilling.
- In a food processor, finely mince the garlic, rosemary, basil, salt, and pepper; add in the mustard and olive oil; process to form a paste.
- Smear the paste all over the top and sides of the roast.
- Grill, bone side down, over Indirect Medium Heat until cooked to desired doneness, 1 ½ to 2 hours for medium-rare.
- Transfer the roast to a cutting board and remove the bones.
- Loosely cover the roast with foil and let rest for 20-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing: add the cream and garlic in a medium saucepan.
- Bring the cream to a boil over medium-high heat, then decrease the heat to a simmer and cook until the cream coats the back of a spoon, 5-10 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat; add in the cheese, stirring to help it blend into the cream.
- Season with pepper to taste; carve meat into slices.
- Serve warm with the dressing.