Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
If you like seasoned food you will love this!The mixture on this is done to perfection. This recipe was given to me about 25 years ago. Once you make a prime rib with this seasoning you will be told it is the best prime rib they ever tasted I guarantee it! This recipe is outstanding. I make a shaker of this & keep it on the back of my stove & use it on all my steaks also with soy sauce an hour before cooking. Enjoy!! Note: Will do 2 to 3 prime ribs
- 59.14 ml ground black pepper (course)
- 59.14 ml salt
- 59.14 ml garlic powder
- 29.58 ml paprika
- 59.14 ml onion powder
- 29.58 ml msg (can omit, do not substitute with meat tenderizer)
- 29.58 ml seasoning salt (Johnny Seasoning)
- 14.79 ml celery salt
- Rub 1/2 cup per 10 # meat. Rub and massage seasoning in with SOY SAUCE after all wet, work the seasoning in real good!
- keep adding more seasoning till you have the amount needed.
- Place in refrigerator, let seasoning soak into meat for 24 hours before cooking.
- Take a large onion or more to make 1" thick slices to.
- line down center of pan big enough to fit your piece of prime rib on! take rib out of refridgerator,sit at room temperature ½ before cooking.
- Cook 350° around 2 hrs or more depending
- on the weight size of the prime rib! Use a meat thermometer.
- Med: 140°.
- Well: 160°.
- May also Cook 500° 5 minutes per pound. After the 5 minutes times the pound of meat turn oven OFF. But you must leave oven door closed for 3 hours. NO Peaking.
I made this rub and applied it 24 hours prior to cooking our Christmas dinner. Oh my goodness. The prime rib was amazing! My husband considers himself a prime rib connoisseur and he was so happy with the results and I was happy to have cooked it perfectly. One of the best ever!! I made a large batch of rub and will be happy to use it again. Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe!
This stuff is fantastic!! Our prime rib was great and now we use it as a rub on everything we grill, steaks, lamb chops, chicken, etc. Just made a double batch, should last us quite a while. Thanks for sharing!!!!!!!
Excellent, cooked rib roast for Easter dinner. Everyone loved it. Will use it again for sure.